♦ Current Career Opportunities
TEK Microsystems, Inc., a leading high technology company focused on defense and intelligence solutions. Based in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, Tekmicro designs, develops and delivers high performance signal acquisition and processing products for a wide range of defense and intelligence applications including radar, Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Electronic Warfare (EW) and other critical missions. Our customers include prime contractors such as Exelis, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and Rockwell Collins as well as government agencies and research organizations in the United States and abroad.
TEK Microsystems, Inc., a leading $10M high technology company in the defense & intelligence space, is looking for a VP, Sales & Marketing to join the team and help us to accelerate our growth trajectory. We are looking for a goal-oriented, seasoned sales professional with a minimum of 10 years sales & sales management experience. The Vice President, Sales & Marketing will be responsible for both sales and marketing efforts and will be a key member of the senior management team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating, presenting, implementing, tracking and executing a well prepared and intentional sales & marketing plan, which includes the following elements:
- Develop and execute strategic sales plans, with the goal to increase both sales and new design wins primarily in the US and allied forces (“Five Eyes”) markets
- Manage and coordinate sales efforts, including direct selling in key accounts
- Successfully prepare and execute capture strategies to achieve revenue goals
- Strategically define and build sales processes, procedures and organization
- Identify and prioritize Tier 1 opportunities, targeting key accounts that maximize the benefits of the company’s products
- Create and implement marketing programs for product awareness, lead generation, and opportunity development
- Expand the sales and marketing teams as necessary through successful recruitment, monitoring, mentoring, motivation, and incentive programs
The successful candidate will have spent most of his/her career in well-run sales and marketing organizations and will have a proven record of direct selling to defense & intelligence customers. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Significant direct experience selling complex signal processing solutions for mission critical applications in the defense & intelligence markets
- A new account focus with the demonstrated ability to manage, prioritize & win targeted opportunities with finite resources
- A proven ability to recruit quality individuals to the organization to build successful sales & marketing teams
- The ability to both define and successfully execute a sales plan
- A thorough understanding of the Tekmicro mission, vision and culture and the capability to execute the sales plan in alignment with this mission and vision
The Vice President, Sales & Marketing will have exceptional personal presence and strong operational skills, and will be action- and results-oriented. He/She will be a leader with excellent interpersonal skills, capable of motivating sales & marketing team members and also contributing to Tekmicro strategy and execution of the corporate strategic & operating plans.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
Tekmicro is a mission-driven organization delivering solutions for critical defense and intelligence missions. We employ a work force that is dedicated to that mission and to the roles they play within the organization. All staff members must be self-motivated and driven by collaboration as a part of a high performance team and the satisfaction of a job well done.
- A team focused culture and mentality
- Strong leadership skills at both the department and corporate levels
- A sense of urgency driven by customer mission requirements
- Outstanding talent assessment and recruitment skills, and the ability to build, motivate and lead high performance teams
- A strong focus on customer service and mission success
- Excellent executive presence
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strategic vision and hands-on leadership skills, along with the ability to integrate with and effectively influence other departments
- Exceptional market- and mission-focused business judgment and the ability to foster a market- and customer-focused culture
- The ability to think and work collaboratively
- A strong bottom-line orientation with awareness of the ongoing need to achieve Tekmicro’s financial objectives in the short, medium and long terms
- Demonstrated background as a proven self-starter with superior judgment about when to proceed, both with and without consultation and guidance
- An authentic entrepreneurial style and the ability to work within a small company environment
- Well developed emotional intelligence
- Unimpeachable integrity
- Superior enthusiasm, intelligence and motivation
All candidates must be US citizens and eligible for processing for a security clearance.
Interested candidates please forward your resume along with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include the position title in the subject line.
The Sales/Application Engineer is responsible for matching our technology offering with the customer’s business and design needs and providing first line technical support on both new and existing projects. This will include working with existing and prospective customers to identify system requirements, determining how Tekmicro products can be configured and used to meet those requirements, and assisting in problem resolution to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Understand customer application requirements and assist them in selecting and using the right Tekmicro products.
- Provide customers with outstanding technical pre- and post-sales support.
- Play a key role in determining next generation product requirements and features, updates and enhancements to current products.
- Work closely with other Tekmicro functional areas to form and maintain excellent relationships with our customers.
- Assist in developing Sales and Marketing material.
- Update the company’s CRM tool and accurately record customer support requirements.
- Support trade shows, customer visits, and other marketing events.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience in designing and implementing complex FPGAs using VHDL.
- Experience in analog and RF systems.
- Knowledge of front-end sensor design and real-time signal processing algorithms for military, intelligence, and aerospace applications.
- Familiarity with high-speed serial protocols such as Ethernet, Xilinx Aurora, Fibre Channel, sFPDP and their applications.
- Experience in FPGA interfaces and core designs for ADCs, DACs, SRAMs, SDRAMs and other such devices.
- Familiarity with integration of signal processing systems with other host network resources over GbE and 10 GbE infrastructures.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity and experience in using Xilinx Virtex 5, Virtex 6, and Virtex 7 FPGAs highly desirable.
- Experience in C and C++ programming beneficial.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- BSCS, BSEE or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years product design experience and/or 5 years product support/applications experience.
Travel will be required within the United States and possibly overseas in support of customer meetings and marketing events.
This position may require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Interested candidates please forward your resume along with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com, please include the position title in the subject line.
Tekmicro designs, manufactures and delivers a wide range of advanced high-performance boards and systems for embedded real-time signal acquisition, generation, processing, storage and recording. Tekmicro provides both commercial and rugged grade products which are used in real-time systems designed for a wide range of defense and intelligence applications such as C5ISR, signals intelligence, electronic warfare and radar.
Tekmicro is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls.
Tekmicro does not accept unsolicited agency resumes from firms who do not have a current signed search agreement in place. Unsolicited resumes received from any third party agency will be considered the property of Tekmicro. Tekmicro will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes.